Friday, July 16, 2010

What is the difference in XML & RSS?

I have yet to be able to get an RSS feed on my 360. I don't understand the difference in the XML %26amp; the RSS and the directions on the RSS feed of my 360 do not make sense to me.

What is the difference in XML %26amp; RSS?
XML is the standard (mark-up) language that all web development is gearing towards. RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is just one small part of what XML can do, but some people describe their RSS feeds as XML because that is what it is best known for at this point.





If you click the RSS link on your 360 blog, it will not work unless you have an RSS reader installed. If you are using a Mozilla browswer, you can download an extension for your browswer to be able to read and keep track of RSS files for you. Otherwise, do a web search for RSS programs or websites that will send you an email notification whenever there is an update to the RSS feed. The Yahoo! FAQ page for RSS has more information if you're still confused.
Reply:I don't know, but this guy gave me this for running the rss feed to your 360, hope this helps a bit.


http://answers.yahoo.com/rss/userq?kid=A...


Can't help with the lingo though, SORRY!


No comments:

Post a Comment