Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I make my rss feed look cool?

Simply put, how can I make my rss feed look cool instead of that so simple plain text.





Maybe I should ask what is the best trick in the book for a cool looking rss feed?





I love source code, so I am good to go!

How can I make my rss feed look cool?
RSS, by definition, is Really Simple Syndication.





So if you do anything fancy with it, odds are it's going to look like a garbled mess on most RSS readers.





One option might be to embed something, kind of like a PodCast. But that would usually mean a second click to get the user to the fancy format.





Another route to take might be the way the Drupal CMS handles feeds. A Drupal article consists of a title, a teaser (the first paragraph or so, typically) and the rest of the content. RSS feeds are the title and teaser only, and when a user clicks, it takes them to the full-blown on-site article.


No comments:

Post a Comment