Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yahoo's 'ping' to update RSS feeds doesn't work--what can I do?

When I follow Yahoo's instructions on how to ping their server to update my RSS feed--in other words, entering





http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping?u=http:...





all I get is a message "Refresh failed. Feed not found."





A similar question was asked before, but the so-called "best answer" contained plenty of blather about yahoo but no solution to the problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Yahoo's 'ping' to update RSS feeds doesn't work--what can I do?
your feed is being served as text/xml it should be served as application/rss+xml





it's because your server is serving it without knowing that it's really rss.





if you rename it, it will fly through. if it's not your site... tell the admins.





rss should be named something.rss or something.atom or have the host configured to send this xml as application/rss+xml








Pinging works, but not for you today! sorry!

dental care

No comments:

Post a Comment